Sunday, June 26, 2011

One Blessed RedHead


I am one truly blessed redhead.  I am honored.  I am so appreciative.  And I have THE BEST coworkers anyone could ask for.

So here’s the background information:  I have been working for BOCES for 2 years now.  And sadly, I must say good-bye, for a little while.  This summer and fall I have to wrap up my graduate program in speech-pathology, so I will be taking a leave of absence from BOCES until December.  While I am excited to finally have my Master’s degree, I am also saddened to leave BOCES.  I love working with the students there, and my coworkers make my job that much better.  When some days are more difficult than others, it’s my coworkers who help get me through it.  And in return, I bake.  Or cook.  Or sometimes both.  Baking and cooking have been a sort of “therapy” for me, and I loved sharing everything I make with my amazing coworkers.  Nothing gave me more happiness than to see my coworkers eating one of the cookies I made or grabbing lunch that I had cooked for them.  And they loved it too!  I would always hear “Your cookies were the only thing that got me through today!”  or “I had some of that chili, and it made my week!”  What my coworkers didn’t know, was that everything I made was my way of saying, “Thank you for supporting me when my student was having a difficult time,” or “I’m so glad we have become friends this year.  You are awesome.  So I’m making you some brownies.” 

On Thursday, I got what was probably the best surprise of my life.  My coworkers gave me a "Good Luck" card, where they wrote the sweetest messages ever, wishing me luck while I finish my Master’s.  And they also gave me a gift.  A large gift...... to Williams-Sonoma!!!!  When I opened the box it came in I was:
a.)    Shocked
b.)    Speech-less
c.)     Trying really hard not to cry in front of everyone
d.)    So excited I wanted to scream, and dance, and give everyone a big hug

I think I held the tears back pretty well though, and gave EVERYONE a big hug.  And I was on Cloud 9 the rest of the day!  And then the next day, my coworkers did it again.  They gave me another gift (I mean seriously, they are AWESOME!!!!!!!!).  I was given a beautiful apron, with this amazing logo stitched into it:

 I FEEL SO OFFICIAL!!!!! 

I love it.  So now when I bake, or cook, I get to look official in my professional “RedHead and The Kitchen” apron. 

So let’s get back to that other gift.  The one to Williams-Sonoma.  Oh.  Yes.  Everytime I was in Eastview Mall, and I walked past that store, I would drool.  I want EVERYTHING in that store.  Me shopping in that store is like a little kid in a candy shop.  I’m in heaven!  I had never purchased anything from there…. Until now!  On Friday I went and picked out something I have always wanted.  A KitchenAid stand mixer.  
Now, those suckers are EXPENSIVE, so I dreamed I would only get one if I got married and put it on my registry and begged my family to get it.  But not anymore.  Now I have one that is all my own.  My dream came true!
 
Hello gorgeous.  We are going to have lots of adventures together.  Lots of delicious, yummy adventures.  
  
So thank you, everyone at BOCES.  You have made me one very, very happy RedHead.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  You don’t know how much I love each of you.  And somehow, I will find a way to get some goodies to you despite my absence. ;)

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you. x infinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment