Sunday, May 8, 2011

Iced Coffee


I have a confession.  I’m a coffee addict.  Every morning, before I can get anything productive done, I need a cup o’Joe.  And when the weather starts to get warmer, I want a cooler caffeine fix.  Enter: Iced Coffee.  I have dropped my fair share of cash at Tim Hortons and Starbucks to get my iced coffee/frappucino/iced capp fix.  But since I’m pinching pennies I needed to find a way to get my fix on a budget.  This iced coffee came out really good and tasted pretty much like every iced frappe-cappi-cino-latte I have purchased.

Iced Mocha:
-brewed coffee
-sugar/Truvia
-milk
-chocolate syrup
-ice

Brew coffee as you normally would, and if you can, let it cool (you can still do this if the coffee is fresh and hot).  Fill a regular cold beverage glass half-full with coffee.  Sweeten to your liking (I use Truvia- 0 calories and to me it tastes exactly like sugar), or not at all if that’s how you like it.  Fill the glass ¾ full with milk.  Stir.  Add a squirt or two of chocolate syrup.  Stir.  Fill the glass the rest of the way with ice.  If you are fancy like me, add a shot of whipped cream.  Ooo lala, you just made iced coffee, and saved $5 ‘cuz you didn’t buy it from Starbucks.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yup, enjoys me mah iced coffee, also. Except decaf, 'cause when you get a redhead wound up, there's no telling what will happen!
    Yours looks very nice! I like the whipped cream.
    ~Your redheaded aunt

    ReplyDelete